Wednesday, August 26, 2009

kidnapping a korean baby

I was exhausted yesterday so I couldn't type anything up for what we did. But we did make this super weird video of what we did in the morning after breakfast...Like I said last time, there's this security camera channel that the apartment has. We went ahead and we recorded it and made it like a silent movie :D here it is haha

*edit:...can't upload it because Korea doesn't let you do that...i don't get it :( *

By the way, totally found out today that another Davis person, Rachel, was watching that channel, thinking it was an actual show...Super funny when she found out it actually was a security camera thing hahaha. She was like, "I was waiting for something to happen! I was wondering why people would watch that show, it's the same thing over and over again!"

I didn't want to tell her that I thought the same thing haha. Totally thought it was a real show hehe.

Anyways, after doing that little recording thing, we had to head out to the Seoul Immigration Office, which wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't so confusing to get there :( Even Gina, who is mine and Jenny's Goddess, had a hard time figuring out the map. We're also pretty sad because Gina left us to be with her cooler friends, so we're the two bum-faces that are walking around Seoul, trying to get people to understand us. More on that later haha.

Gina literally had to babysit Jenny and I as she took us to the Seoul Immigration Office. But it was super fun because as soon as Jenny and I saw the subway for the first time, I think we both had heart attacks. It's SO COOL!!!!

Please, let me illustrate.

Usual subways have this gap between the platform and the actual train thing. Not Seoul. They're too awesome and amazing for that type of infantile construction. They actually have these HUGE glass panels that sit in-between the platform and train. The panels have automatic sliding doors that coincide to where the doors are on the subway and both open at the SAME time. These panels are amazing because they do SO much!!!

So not only can I NOT commit suicide, I also cannot get my foot stuck in that weird little gap in-between the platform and train. Wow, Seoul. You're awesome.

Plus, you have cute little shops and stuff.


Don't know what this is haha

I HAVE to go to this one. It sounds French but the donuts and stuff sound a lot better than the breakfast we're having everyday at DMC Ville haha.

But your waiting system sucks ASS. Puh-lease. You have subways that protect people from death, TVs in your kitchens and cabs, intercoms in your bathrooms, toilets that deodorize our butts, and the best parking lots ever, but you can't have a faster moving bureaucracy?

Ahhh, just kidding. I actually did feel really bad for the people working there because I think so many people showed up on an unexpected day that they had to call in more people to work. Plus, considering that Jenny and I's number was 484 and 485 respectively, and that the number count was in the 350's when we got there, and we got up to the front desk within three hours? Wow. They did really, really well.

THE NUMBERS NEVER MOVEDDDDD :(


...the baby was so CUTEEEE...yes, I was stalking the baby and taking pics of it in a room full of like 120 people...hehehe

My form thing didn't work out because I'm stupid but I'll be going back soon. I'm sure I'll have another adventure to tell you about for that :P

After we FINALLY finished the form shizznit (but not our Monopoly game on the iTouch LOL), Jenny and I took the cab back to DMC Ville...without Gina. Our Goddess/Mother had to get back to her life and so we were left to make our way back in the cab, with a cab driver who didn't know where we were going. Thankfully we found a bus that he could follow and just pointed to it and he followed lol. We just went, "Ahjussi, bus! Bus!" which means, "Mister, bus! Bus!" LOL he got it though haha.

Once we got out of the taxi though, it started raining. Yup, just as we exited. So we decided to go grab dinner, head up to our apartment, and be the bums that we are.

So we went to grab dinner, in this place that's in our apartment complex. A little side note here...we got lost hahahaha.

Anyways, we walked inside this TINY little fried chicken place and tried to order. They didn't speak English, except for a few words. We ordered by pointing at the menu and were really confused about what we were getting. The only thing we knew for sure was that it was chicken and fries...we hoped. We waited off to the side until he showed up with our chicken nuggets.

Ummm.

Why is there a straw coming out of the cup? Are we supposed to drink them?

We were confused. So then we lifted UP the chicken nuggets container and OH.MY.SHIZZNIT. There was Coke underneath!!! I don't know what it was, but that dinner made us giddy with happiness. I think it was the jetlag and weirdness of the food combined that made us love it and freaking crazy. I mean, the food was super good...but I think after our experience today...LOL I don't know when we'll go back there again unless we're starving haha.




Other than that (TODAY), we've spent a lot of our time gazing with amazement at the freaking awesome commercials that are Korean commercials. Our favorite so far? This one!!! Mostly because its song is AWESOME hahaha...we just need to find the full song. It's called "C'est La Fete" by Ilona Mitrecey.


Other good ones...in order haha (because they makes NO sense):

And we also tried to go to a Korean food court today haha...ummm...NO. FAILLLL...we walked in, got lost, then walked right back out hahaha...

So yes. Hopefully tomorrow is more exciting :P

Oh, pics of the balcony:






No comments:

Post a Comment